IFPUG encourages members to form local chapters for the purposes of sharing experiences, providing a venue for networking, providing each other support, and providing a focal for local Function Point-related activities. Participating in a chapter is a great way of meeting other people interested in Function Point Analysis, of becoming aware of the latest developments in software measurement, and learning about how companies are using Function Point Analysis.
The Chapter designation is available to any group whose membership consists of at least 12 members, of whom at least 75% are IFPUG members (i.e., Individual, Corporate or Worldwide Corporate).
A group desiring to become a Chapter should contact the Director – International and Organizational Affairs, through the IFPUG Office. The Director will provide material outlining suggested steps for starting a chapter, and will help you complete an application for becoming a Chapter. The application must be sent to the IFPUG Executive Director, along with a copy of the articles of incorporation and/or organization and bylaws and/or charter for the Chapter.
To become a Chapter the following steps must be completed and/or observed:
- Be formally organized and operated on a not-for profit basis.
- Hold a minimum of two meetings per year.The Chapter must have an appointed or elected Executive Committee, with a President or Chairman, and Secretary, as the minimum number of officers.
- The Chapter must furnish IFPUG, at the time of application, and at the time of yearly renewal of the Chapter designation:
- The name and address of the Chapter’s Key Contact, and
- A current membership list.
- Chapter members must adopt the IFPUG standards with regard to their relationship with vendors.
- The Executive Director of IFPUG should receive one complimentary copy of all Chapter publications, including proceedings and minutes of meetings.
- IFPUG members shall be entitled to purchase Chapter publications, if any, at prevailing, Chapter member rates.
A Chapter’s designation may be terminated by a majority vote of the IFPUG Board of Directors, if the Chapter fails to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, or for any other just cause.
Anyone wishing to apply for an affiliate membership should send an email to the membership committee to receive information. We are currently accepting Affiliate II membership applications only. Current Affiliate 1 and 2 groups may renew at the membership category they currently possess.
IFPUG is pleased to welcome groups interested in software metrics, and willing to subscribe to and support the goals and policies of IFPUG, as Affiliate Members. The following Terms and Conditions govern the relationship of an Affiliate and IFPUG.
- Applicants for Affiliate Membership must:
- Be formally organized and operated on a not-for-profit basis, and
- Hold a minimum of two meetings per year.
- Organizations applying for Affiliate Membership must submit a formal application to the Executive Director, along with a copy of its articles of incorporation/organization and bylaws/charter, and a statement that the Affiliate will adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
- The organization must have an appointed or elected Executive Committee, with a President or Chairman, and Secretary, as the minimum number of officers.
- Affiliate Members must furnish IFPUG, at the time of joining or renewal of membership, a current membership list.
- Affiliate Members must complete and return the Endorsement of IFPUG Function Point Counting Practices statement.
- Affiliate Members must adopt the IFPUG standards with regard to their relationship with vendors.
- Affiliate member organizations must remit Annual Dues per the currently established rates.
- Affiliate Members may distribute freely, within the Affiliate, the IFPUG Counting Practices Manual, Function Points as Assets Reporting Manual, and Guidelines to Software Measurement Manual.
- An Affiliate must pay a royalty of 10% to IFPUG on any IFPUG materials sold by the Affiliate to persons who are not members of the Affiliate.
- An Affiliate may make arrangements for translating IFPUG materials into local languages. In general, IFPUG does not provide translation-funding support.
- The Executive Director of IFPUG shall receive one complimentary copy of all Affiliate publications, including proceedings and minutes of meetings.
- IFPUG members shall be entitled to purchase Affiliate publications at prevailing, Affiliate member rates.
- A licensing fee of $3,000US shall be paid for any CPM or other material from IFPUG publications that are included in any Affiliate software, books or other materials.
An Affiliate Membership may be terminated by a majority vote of the IFPUG Board of Directors, if the Affiliate member fails to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, or for any other cause.
Affiliate II Membership
An Affiliate II membership is available to an organized, software metrics-interested group. The responsibilities and benefits of Affiliate Membership are similar to the Corporate Membership responsibilities and benefits, except the Affiliate will pay a 10 percent royalty to IFPUG on any sales of IFPUG publications and materials to Affiliate members or others, made by the Affiliate.