Information Technology Measurement and Governance – International Strategies
Half Day Symposium: Wednesday May 1, 2013
Breakfast: 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM, with the panel presentations 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
National Hotel, Algonquin Rooms, 361 Queen Street, Ottawa
International Function Point Users Group – ISO/IEC 20926 – Board of Directors
An International Software Measurement Association (ISMA) event
Join us in Ottawa Physically or Virtually!
Learn IFPUG-ISMA community directions, plus the current questions and challenges for IT today and where metrics provides valuable insights, leading to improved decision making.
The IFPUG Board of Directors will be actively participating and presenting in conjunction with regional industry leaders. (IFPUG Board includes: Systems Integrators, Financial, Insurance and Consulting Sectors)
This will be highly interactive, fostering discussions that will drive Information Technology maturity on an international scale.
Just some of the confirmed presenters regionally include:
- Timothy Grayson, director of product development at epost Canada Post, who will also help moderate, highlight key missing concept of “Spaces in Between” for software metrics.
- Stuart MacKay, CTO Government Services HP Canada. providing insights regarding the complex estimation and integration challenges being faced today.
- John Cousens, Public Sector Canada Salesforce.com, will present new agile SaaS models and where function points have quantified realized cost savings
- Charles Bokor, Strategic Management Consultant, and University software performance measurement evangelist will discuss “black hole, super sized projects”.
Some of the confirmed leaders from IFPUG include:
- Joe Schofield, Certified CMMi instructor, after a 31 year career at Sandia Laboratories, will highlight the need for “fidelity metrics” to resolve common pain points in the software industry.
- Tom Cagley, of DCG, will provide innovative insights with an agile twist!
- Lori Holmes of Q/P Management Group will provide a real-life outsourcing case study where ongoing metrics provided the data to make difficult decisions.
- Christine Green of HP will highlight non-functional software sizing considerations in 2013.
- Mauricio Aguiar of ti Métricas provides updates from Brazil, the leading country in Software Metrics!
- Steven Woodward of Cloud Perspectives, will highlight cloud computing metrics considerations.
We expect that the on-site symposium will sell out, plus the real-time virtual seats.
Other limited bronze sponsorships remain, please contact Connie Holden for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over a dozen speakers and industry experts will present and/ or be part of the panels in Ottawa.
Hope to see you at this fast paced morning that will also direct international software metrics priorities in 2013!
The ISMA conference this year will be in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, and it will also be fast-paced with leaders regionally and internationally maturing software measurement practices!
Ottawa free registration now available: click here.