IFPUG announces ISMA14 Conference (Call for papers is open!)
The ISMA 14 Conference, organized by IFPUG, will be held in Cleveland, OH, United States from Sept 13-15, 2017 with the theme to coincide with IFPUG’s 30th anniversary celebration and the International Year of Software Measurement (#IYSM).
In addition to the one-day formal conference on Sept 15, 2017, ISMA 14 will also feature several leading-edge measurement workshops delivered by experts and specialists from the Industry.
Call for papers
Papers are solicited in all areas related to Productivity Measurement, Software Sizing and Metrics along with demonstrations that showcase how measurement applies in practice. This ISMA 14 will be slightly different because we are celebrating the IFPUG’s 30 years with a look at the past, present and future of software measurement.
Examples of Presentation Topics:
– Better Estimates using FPA.
– Value based software measurement.
– Innovative / challenges with Pricing and contracting approaches for various contracts.
– Strengthening software measurements with SNAP and FPA.
– Measurement frameworks for better value-based management.
– Experiences of using process and product measurement in new application domains.
– Approaches for monitoring and controlling scope, budget and risk on software projects/programs.
– Measurement success stories.
– Challenges/successes using FPA and SNAP.
|June 10, 2017||Abstracts submission|
|June 20, 2017||Notification of acceptance/rejection|
|July 10, 2017||Full presentation/paper version|
|July 23, 2017||Final presentation/paper version|
|September 15, 2017||Conference date|
To submit your abstract, complete the abstract form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstract Forms are available for download here.
Workshops (tentative – proposals sought):
– Effective Use of Function Point Analysis (FPA) and Software Non-Functional Assessment Process (SNAP) for Performance Measurement, Estimation, and Benchmarking.
– Data Analytics – Improving Estimates, Productivity, and Quality by Analyzing Historical Data.
– Applying FP and SNAP to the Gaming Industry (Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Cloud, etc.)
– Guidelines to Set Up a FP-based Model, Gathering Supportive Data (Either Industry Benchmarks or Developing In-House Guidelines.