Announcing the Release of the SNAP Assessment Practices Manual (APM) Version 2.0
The International Function Point Users Group (IFPUG) is pleased to announce the release of the Software Non-functional Assessment Process (SNAP) Assessment Practices Manual 2.0 under a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. IFPUG is the first international functional sizing standards organization to release a new standard under the Creative Commons License.
The SNAP provides organizations and projects a means to develop a quantifiable measure for the non-functional requirements (NFR). By sizing non-functional requirements software development can planned, evaluated and managed better; saving organizations time and money. The SNAP standard provides organizations using IFPUG measures with a unique competitive advantage to those using other software sizing methods which do not account for non-functional software size.
Sizing this component of project work will allow organizations to build historical data repositories that can be referenced to assist in decision making for the technical and/or quality aspects of application Assessment Practices.
To obtain a copy of the manual, navigate to the IFPUG Online Store, select the Featured Product: Software Non-functional Assessment Process Manual (APM) 2.0 No Charge, and complete and submit an order for an electronic copy. You will be asked to log in, as either a member or a guest, in order to check out.
To download the copy you ordered:
- Log in to the IFPUG Member Services Area.
- Go to the My IFPUG Info tab at the top of the page.
- Click on My Transactions.
- Click on My Downloadable Products.
- Any downloadable products that have been purchased through the store should be found here. Click on the name of the item you wish to download and the download should begin automatically.
There is an Excel SNAP Recording tool available. To reach it, do the following:
- Log in to the IFPUG Member Services Area
- Click on the [IFPUG ISMA INSIGHTS Bulletin Board] button
- In My Dashboard, click on Groups
- Click on the Snap Interest Group
- Under Recent Group Resources, click on SNAP Counting Tool
- Click on [Download Resource] button