ISMA 17 conference: Applied Method of Functional Sizing for Agile Deliveries Based on T-shirt sizing
- Why Objective Sizing like Functional Sizing is still required for Agile
- How to define Categories of T-shirt sizes to achieve functional size
- Computation of 3 Point size estimates
- Build up of default error rate
Benefits for Participants:
- Quick and fast determination of size range of scope enabling the preparation of cost / budget forecast
- Enables the confidence level of committed delivery goals
- Agile projects face a challenge to estimate size and cost during the early stage where Epics and Features are defined. Estimation is necessary for the alignment of scope and budget in order to develop the Minimal Viable Product
- T-shirt based Functional Sizing is an approach that enables users to quickly determine the size of scope and prepare cost or budget accordingly
- Agile Quick Function Point method has been tooled to support the objective sizing through the Function Point method
Bhawna Thakur has over 17 years of core IT Services experience of successful Program Management, Project Implementation, Participation in RFPs through Estimation & Cost framework, build tools and process for account/organization, bid consultancy, establish metrication for organization through Benchmarking and Baselining, SLA, KPI negotiations with customer and customer interaction at leadership level across the globe.
Bhawna is currently working with CGI. She is a corporate member of CGI’s Global Estimation Centre.