iTips provide guidance on topics important to the IFPUG Sizing Standards (FPA & SNAP) community. An iTip is intended to be a short document (only a few pages), explaining the application of IFPUG Sizing Standards methods in a common situation. An iTip is an example of a single application, not an exhaustive examination of a particular subject. iTips are not rules, but interpretation of the rules, and provide guidance using a realistic example to explain a particular topic.
uTips (Usage Tips) provide insight into potential uses of function points/SNAP points to support an organization’s business needs. While uTips provide insight on usage opportunities, they do not provide detailed direction on the application of the IFPUG Sizing Standards methods in a particular situation. When necessary, the uTip maybe be followed by additional content on the topic providing specific how-to guidance. uTips are not rules, but rather interpretation and application of the rules, and provide guidance using a realistic example to explain the topic being covered.
vTips (Video Tips) are iTips and uTips delivered in a video medium.
IFPUG offers iTips, uTips, and vTips at no charge to the international function point community to stimulate the further use and consistent application of the IFPUG Sizing Standards Methods.
If you have a suggested topic related to FPA for an iTip , uTip, or vTip, please send it to [email protected].
If you have a suggested topic related to SNAP for an iTip or a uTip, please send it to [email protected].
FPA iTips available:
- iTip #08 – Integrated Queries
- iTip #07 – Derived Data in Classifying an EO
- iTip #06 – Shared Data Real-Time Responses
- iTip #05 – Real-time Data Sharing
- iTip #04 – Data Conversion
- iTip #03 – Logon (updated 2018)
- iTip #02 – Charts and Graphs
- iTip #01 – Help!
FPA uTips available:
- uTip #03 – Early Function Point Analysis and Consistent Cost Estimating
- uTip #02 – Project Testing
- uTip #01 – Using FPA in COTS Software Acquisitions
FPA vTips available:
SNAP iTips available:
- SNAPiTip #05 – The SNAP Counting Spreadsheet
- SNAPiTip #04 – Counting Algorithms Using SNAP
- SNAPiTip #03 – The SNAP Method – More
- SNAPiTip #02 – The SNAP Method – Continued
- SNAPiTip #01 – The SNAP Method