There are two types of Academic Memberships:
1.- University/College Membership
An accredited institute, college, university, or other similar business of which its primary existence is the education and training of its registered students. A qualifying institute offers courses as part of a curriculum that results in a degree typically not less than two years, as well as four-year graduate and post-graduate degrees.
- University/college members are eligible to take Workshops and attend conferences for 50% of the price in effect for the event. Meals are an additional cost.
- The university/college and IFPUG will work together to integrate function point and SNAP information into the curriculum as appropriate.
- The faculty members from the university/college will be provided electronically transmitted copies of the Counting Practices Manual (CPM) free.
- IFPUG will license distribution of IFPUG publications to designated bookstores or copy centers to fulfill classroom requirements.
- University/college members may purchase IFPUG publications at the member discount price through the IFPUG office.
- IFPUG will provide a free copy of any publication to an instructor who is using IFPUG publications within their course that are required for student purchase for the course.
- University/college members do not have voting privileges unless they pay the equivalent of the individual member price for each voting member.
- The university/college must specify a primary contact for each department wishing to engage IFPUG.
- Faculty member/Institution cannot further distribute the IFPUG Publications (including the CPM) to anyone free of charge, nor can they be placed on an Internet or Intranet web site.
- Academic members will be encouraged to set up IFPUG Student Chapters.
- Any function point and SNAP related articles that Academic Members publish should be made available for IFPUG to publish with permission.
The membership is renewable on a year-to-year basis. After the first one-year term, University members who comply with items 1 – 4 below are eligible to retain their University Membership for another year:
- a) Be the point of contact in actively promoting and teaching software metrics, including function points and SNAP, as part of your academic institution’s, university’s or college’s curriculum, or b) actively provide support for a research project sponsored by the Education Committee, including but not limited to completing the research project, or acting as faculty advisor to a graduate or senior thesis student.
- Write a minimum of a two-paragraph article for MetricViews outlining activities completed during the last academic year and proposed activities in the coming academic year.
- Complete and submit the request for University Membership form to the IFPUG office. We prefer this be done through E-mail (email@example.com), but postal mail is acceptable. Please mark to the attention of the Education Committee, and
- Submit a final report to the Education committee at the end of the academic year.
2.- Student Membership
A Student Membership annual rate of $50 is available with proof of being a full-time student.
- Student members are eligible to take Workshops and attend conferences for 50% off the price in effect for the event. Meals are an additional cost.
- Student members will be provided electronically transmitted copies of the Counting Practices Manual for $10.
- Student members may purchase IFPUG publications at the member discount price through the IFPUG office.
- Student members have no voting rights.
A person or corporation joining IFPUG as Regular Member between January 1 and April 30 of any year will be charged a prorated dues amount equal to one-half the current yearly fee. A person or corporation joining IFPUG as a Regular Member between May 1 and June 30 of any year will be charged the full yearly fee. However, such person or corporation will be awarded membership through June 30 of the following year. e.g. A person joining on May 1 will receive fourteen months membership for the price of twelve.