Announcing the New Business Applications Committee
IFPUG is pleased to announce the launch of the new Business Applications Committee. The purpose of the committee is to contribute to C-level and management decision-making using quantitative approach.
The function of the Business Applications Committee (BAC) is to encourage and support the development and definition of standardized metric-based business practices utilizing unit of size based on IFPUG sizing standards such as:
- Value based contracting
- Value based price modelling
- Estimating models
- Cost modelling
- Productivity models and analysis
- Productivity and quality indicators
- Benchmarking analysis
To start with, the new committee will be responsible for the following two major programs:
IFPUG AD/M Benchmarking Certification
Having accurate and reliable data is critical for companies to survive in today’s highly competitive business world. Companies must ensure they are focused on the appropriate goals by comparing their performance against the industry. IT organizations achieve that goal by using highly reputable benchmarking data and reports.
The IFPUG AD/M Benchmarking Certification represents a standard method through which IFPUG affirms that a benchmarking service provider has fulfilled the requirements deemed necessary to be competent to conduct an AD/M benchmark analysis, through the investigation of evidence based on criteria that were defined in applicable ISO/IEC 29155 tasks and activities.
The following items describe the core benefits that an AD/M benchmarking provider can obtain from the IFPUG AD/M Benchmarking Certification:
- Achieve a best-in-class corporate level benchmarking qualification
- Establish standard for requirements, guidelines & qualifications for AD/M benchmarking
- Apply a consistent approach used by both benchmarking consultancy companies and software suppliers
- Define the measure of the ability and the quality of their benchmarking process
Analytics of the ISBSG Function Point Database:
The purpose of this program is to provide IFPUG users with helpful function point-based statistics and benchmarks from the August 2021 version of the ISBSG database based on IFPUG function point data submitted by volunteers worldwide. For those organizations which are without developed databases, these statistics and benchmarks can serve as useful benchmarks and expectations.
Webinar: AD/M Benchmarking Certification
Wednesday, December 15: 9:00 am ET (3:00 pm Central Europe)
Join us next week for a Knowledge Café Webinar about the story behind the new IFPUG AD/M Benchmarking Certification. The presentation will feature more details regarding what the certification is based on, benefits, pre-requisites, the products, the process and rules to qualify for a certificate.
Interesting in Joining the Committee?
The Business Applications Committee is accepting applications to join the committee. Those interested should meet the following criteria:
- English speakers (not necessarily native);
- Previous experience in process assessments;
- Good verbal and written communication;
- Analytical and process thinking;
- General knowledge of benchmarking process and activities;
- Have participated in at least 5 benchmarking studies, preferably in multiple areas such as quality, productivity and cost, encompassing internal (within an organization) or external (against the industry) studies;
- Nice to have:
- Statistical background;
If you are interested in applying or have questions, please send a request to [email protected].