IFPUG endorses three types of standard methodology for software sizing.
IFPUG has one mission—to be the unquestioned recognized leader in promoting and encouraging effective application software development and maintenance activities. We do this by endorsing three proven methodologies for precise software sizing:
- Function Point Analysis (FPA)
- Software Non-functional Assessment Process (SNAP)
- Simple Function Points (SFP)
IFPUG is also the governing body for the Certified Function Point Specialist (CFPS), the Certified Function Point Practitioner (CFPP), and Certified SNAP Practitioner (CSP) certifications.
ISMA19 Virtual Conference
The ISMA19 conference was IFPUG’s largest virtual conference yet and featured some great presentations including:
- Simplifying Software Sizing with Simple Function Points, by Daniel French and Carol Dekkers
- Successful Implementation of SNAP: Integrating FP & SNAP Together, by Saurabh Saxena
- Defining and Sizing Extensive Logical and Mathematical Operations in Software Using SNAP, by Charley Tichenor
- Modeling and Measuring Software Requirements with Function Points, by Charles Wesolowski
Missed the live event? IFPUG members have exclusive access to the recorded sessions through the new IFPUG Learning Center.
IFPUG Certification Program
As the use of IFPUG Sizing Standards continues to grow, it is essential that individuals with a specialized level of knowledge be distinguished. The IFPUG Certification Program designations are formal recognition of a level of expertise in the area of either Functional Sizing or Non-functional sizing.
IFPUG is the governing body for the Certified Function Point Fellow, Certified Function Point Specialist (CFPS), the Certified Function Point Practitioner (CFPP), and Certified SNAP Practitioner (CSP) certifications.
News and Events
August 2, 2022
IFPUG is happy to announce that Kiran Yeole has been named as the new Chair for the Partnerships and Events Committee (PEC). He has assumed
April 22, 2022
We are excited to announce a new IFPUG White Paper, “Boundaries and Partitions”. Download Now Setting the boundaries correctly has crucial importance in the sizing process.
October 26, 2021
The ICT world is going “agile” and IFPUG is again leading the way in Functional Size Measurement Methods! After having “defined” the concept of functional
March 8, 2022
January 26, 2022
October 26, 2021